Outback Steakhouse Style Alice Springs Chicken Recipe
I love chicken because it’s versatile and delicious – two of my favorite words regarding any matter at all. One of my favorite dishes is a variant of barbeque that you can make right in your oven, although it’s also a restaurant choice here in the South. Preparation is easy, and it’s a hearty meal that anyone can enjoy. The secret to this recipe is in the development; you can just throw it all together in the pan, and it will be done, but if you want it right, you need that extra TLC.
This recipe serves 4-5
A decent baking pan, make sure it’s deep enough to hold everything.
3lbs of chicken breasts
2 – 4oz can of mushrooms
1 – a bottle of your favorite bbq sauce
16 oz of shredded mozzarella
1lb of bacon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Divide the bacon by cutting the package directly in half down the middle. In a pan, cook one half of the bacon until it is well done and crumbles to the touch.
- Drain the oil from it and set it to the side.
- Take the other half of the bacon and wrap your chicken breasts in it.
- Place it in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until the bacon starts to get a little crispy.
While the chicken is in the oven, mix one can of mushrooms, the mozzarella, and the bacon; this is your topping, so make sure that the bacon has cooled before you put it with the cheese.
When the breasts are ready, pull them out of the oven and drain the pan. It is alright for the breasts to be undercooked at this point because you’re going to put them back in the oven. In the pan with the chicken pour your barbeque sauce on top, add the other can of mushrooms to the sauce and then top with your cheese and bacon.
Put the whole concoction back in the oven for about another 20 minutes, or until you see that the top has melted nicely and the chicken has cooked thoroughly.
You can also check out this keto-friendly version and our Featured Image Source at My Keto Recipes.